Sunday, April 20, 2014

He is Alive!



 

“Mary, however, stood there and cried as she looked at the tomb.  As she cried, she bent over and looked inside.  She saw two angels in white clothes.  They were sitting where the body of Jesus had been lying.  One angel was where Jesus' head had been, and the other was where his feet had been.  The angels asked her why she was crying.
Mary told them, “They have removed my Lord, and I don't know where they've put him.”
After she said this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there.  However, she didn't know this was Jesus.  Jesus asked her, “Why are you crying?  Who are you looking for?”
Mary thought it was the gardener speaking to her.  So she said him, “Sir, if you carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and I'll remove him.”
Jesus said to her, “Mary!”
Mary turned around and said to him in Hebrew, “Rabboni!”  (This word means “teacher.”)
Jesus told her, “Don't hold on to me.  I have not yet gone to the Father.  But go to my brothers and sisters and tell them, 'I am going to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'”
Mary from Magdala went to the disciples and told them, “I have seen the Lord.”
She also told them what he had said to her.

Scripture passage taken from John 20:11-18, God's Word Translation

We read this passage as a family this morning around the breakfast table.  I couldn't help wondering how Mary must have felt, seeing Jesus standing before her when she had witnessed him dying on the cross...  Yet she believed Him and ran to tell the disciples the Messiah was alive!  He had risen just as He said He would. 

Easter blessings
Kelly-Anne

~ "The men asked the women, "Why are you looking among the dead for the living one?  He's not here.  He has been brought back to life!"  Luke 24:5-6 ~ 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful! I love that verse, it's so very beautiful. :) I always love your posts, they are always so amazing, and lovely. Great job. :)
Grace xxx ♥

Kelly-Anne said...

Thank you Grace, dear! And I always enjoy reading your comments, you are so sweet! Hope your Easter was just wonderful and very blessed:-)
Lots of love,
Kelly-Anne
x